Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Health news

Today I had a sinus CT which showed that I do not currently have a sinus infection. It did show, however, that I have an extra blood vessel in my skull itself. What's up with that????

One other finding was that there is a place in my sinus cavity that has the potential to become a chronic site of infection, but nothing can be done about it now. I had Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in 2002, and I did get better. I would have to have that again if this site of some kind of cells whose names I don't remember thickens or whatever.

Tomorrow I go for my first physical therapy session. I have no idea what to expect. This is for my neck/shoulder/arm/back pain, but I have to show them also my left calf. Why, you ask? Because I did something bad to it, apparently.

A couple of weeks ago, my 15 year old niece visited, and we went to SHOPRYLAND! That would be the Opry Mills Mall-o-rama, which is probably 1 mile or more of walking if you do the whole thing. Which, of course, we did. Well, Aunty here got what I thought was a charley horse in my calf. But, it didn't get better. In fact, every time I tried to walk on it, it seemed to hurt. Then, Friday, when we were having the hideous tornadoey day from hell, I was trying to go down the stairs to the basement when I felt something pull or tear. So today I notice that area of my calf is bruised, and that there feels like there's a knot inside there. So, one more thing to add to my growing list of ways that I'm old, tired, and worn out.

Ain't life grand?

WIP

No comments: