Friday, March 17, 2006

Why can't I think of clever titles?

Hello, folks. I'm having a lack-of-witty-thoughts day -- unlike all the other days when I have a dearth-of-witty-thoughts. At least it's Friday, and that means...ummm...tomorrow's Saturday. That's gotta be good for something.

Tonight my 15-year-old niece arrives at 11pm to spend her spring break with me. She is my brother's stepdaughter, and I just adore her. She's been part of our family since she was about 3 years old, so the step part is basically irrelevant. I don't know how my brother became such a wonderful father, but apparently he morphed over time from the little creep he was who used to torment me 24/7 to a guy who knows how to raise a decent, well-mannered young woman. Who knew? Tomorrow night hubby and I are taking her to the symphony -- but not just any symphony....no, not us! This is going to be special! This is ::::ta daaaaaa:::: Bugs Bunny on Broadway! Bugs Bunny cartoons shown while the Nashville Symphony Orchestra plays the music that accompanies them! My favorite? The Wagner "Kill tha wabbit! Kill tha wabbit! Kill tha wabbit!" -- naturally to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyrie" from "Der Ring des Nibelunge". (Yes, I had to look that last part up!) ((Another side note -- another niece is a forensic chemist (go figure), and her mom got her a shirt made that says "Never send a monster to do the job of a mad scientist" with an image of Gossamer, the monster.))


My, how I digress! Oh well. It's Friday. Enjoy, everyone!

WIP

No comments: