Monday, August 07, 2006

The tag, from GirlMD :)

Ha! I've been officially tagged, thanks to the lovely and talented GirlMD, whose blog I've been enjoying for a while! Thanks, Doc!

Ladies and gentlemen, my lists....


The book that changed my life: "What The Bible Really Says About Homosexuality", by Daniel A. Helminiak is one. There could be a million and a half answers to this question, really.

A book I've read more than once: Belying my southern heritage, "Gone With The Wind". Belying my intractable nerdiness, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, plus "The Hobbit".

A book I'd want with me on a desert island: "SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea", by John 'Lofty' Wiseman (Yes, I looked it up!)

A book that made me laugh: "Naive. Super." by Norwegian author Erland Loe. I only wish I could read enough Norwegian to have enjoyed it in the original language.

A book that made me cry: I can't think of one recently, but I'm sure that's happened once or twice or a million times.

A book I wish had been written: "How To Figure Out What You Want To Be When You Grow Up, Wrkinprogress!"

A book I wish had never been written: Warning: the following answer is definitely controversial. Read at your own risk!!! Possibly the Bible, based on all of the terrible things that have been or are being done in its name.

A book I am currently reading: "Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life. How to Finally, Really Grow Up", by James Hollis Ph.D.

A book that I am meaning to read: The Iliad and The Odessey

Five bloggers I'd like to tag:

RunawayImagination
PapaSquirrel
CapriquarianGirl
Karen
OBXBill

Plus Annie!

2 comments:

Suburban Turmoil said...

I LOVED Gone with the Wind. I read it in 5th grade and was obsessed and I've been meaning to read it again. And the Lord of the Rings trilogy is my favorite book(s) of all time. :)

girl MD said...

love the lord of the rings trilogy!