Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rainy Tuesday

It's a yucky day outside. Lots of thunder, rain, cold -- just yucky.

This morning I had physical therapy, which I usually kind of look forward to, but today I just felt too bad to "enjoy" it. Headache, muscle pains in my arms, etc. -- the PT helped some, but not completely. I still wonder what's going to happen in terms of dealing with my arm pain. That has not been relieved at all, and it seems that my lower back pain is more frequent than I even realized. I've lived with things like this for so long that I guess I don't even notice them. The Physical Therapist even gasped when he touched the part of my back that I believe is where the sciatic nerve is, because it was so tight and out of line. When he pressed on it, I thought I would levitate off that table. However, I do know I have to let him do what needs to be done or I won't have any chance of getting better.

Yesterday I had an MRI of my lumbar spine and an Echocardiogram. The MRI was for the lower back pain; the Echo was for a condition I have called Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, which is enlargement of the left ventricle of the heart, and Mitral Valve Prolapse. I have to have those every now and then, and, so far, I haven't had a call from the doctor yet, so I'm assuming no news is good news.

I'm tired, too. Rainy weather doesn't help, of course. I want to take a nap, but then I don't want to mess up my sleep tonight. However, I don't have to get up at any particular time in the morning, so maybe I will after all.

About my sister...apparently, she's going to her day treatment program as she's supposed to, and attending AA meetings daily, which is great. However, her ex is still up to his same tricks. Trying to say she should be able to drink a beer or two like he does, hovering over her and my mom all the time. Sister is kicking herself for not staying gone last time and plans to leave again when school is out. I'm concerned that he will catch on to this plan, and do something bad to her and/or to my mom. He's crazy enough, and certainly mean enough. How do I ever divorce myself from this situation, I wonder? There's no way to not hear about my sister as long as I have a relationship with the rest of my family, and I want/need to have a relationship with the rest of my family.

Also, hubby's daughter is being a big, huge bitch herself, and has a similar situation with her idiot husband. What's up with drunks, anyway? And why do they just have to fuck up the lives of everyone around them? I hate people.

WIP

No comments: