Wednesday, July 19, 2006

So many topics...

I guess this is a bit of randomness yet again, but I just can't seem to find one topic to settle on, and, being the lazy heifer that I am, I don't want to fool with making multiple posts.

1. It's freakin' HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going outside involves trying to breathe. That should be a simple venture, but it's not, because here, it's like you have damp cheesecloth over your mouth & nose, so every breath you take is thick and heavy with moisture. Plus HOT!!! Oy vey.

2. I found out I have bulging discs in my neck, along with a bone spur. Isn't that festive? At least that explains the pain in my arms, which is apparently referred from some of the nerve involvement of my much-too-early arthritis and general decrepitude.

3. However, one of the PT assistants who has been providing my 3-times-a-week-for-the-last-couple-of-months-and-probably-for-a-few-more-months physical therapy told me that I needed to be sleeping with a neck roll and with a wedge under my knees. She said she began doing this a while back and it helped tremendously. She then gave me what's called "The Original McKenzie night roll", which is a little round cushion about 15 inches in length, and I'd guess about 2.5 inches in diameter or so. You slip this into your pillow case at the edge of your pillow where your shoulders would be, and then align yourself so that the roll is under your neck. As for the wedge, I don't know if it has a specific name, but mine is 10 inches tall and can be used as a back rest even. I had no idea how much difference this would make, but have been pleasantly surprised. Yesterday (1st morning), I woke up for the first time in years without a backache at all!!! As the day progressed, though, I did become sore/achy, but that's better than all day long! Today, though, I did have a backache upon waking, but again, not as bad as before, so I'm thinking this is worth doing.

4. It is really difficult sometimes to explain how I may seem outgoing and comfortable with people, but am actually on the shy side (like, not wanting to 'bother' people, particularly ones that matter a great deal to me or that I admire, by IMming, calling, or emailing them). I know I'm weird and complex and sometimes a complete pain in the ass to deal with.

5. I truly do love this blogosphere I've become involved with. I have met some of the neatest people here, and have found so many talented individuals who express themselves in ways I can not even dream of.

Ok, I think that's it about this. I guess I do have one more specific post to make after all, so that's coming up next.

Peace, out -- yo.

8 comments:

Neurotic Illini Fan said...

I could have written your #4:

It is really difficult sometimes to explain how I may seem outgoing and comfortable with people, but am actually on the shy side (like, not wanting to 'bother' people, particularly ones that matter a great deal to me or that I admire, by IMming, calling, or emailing them). I know I'm weird and complex and sometimes a complete pain in the ass to deal with.

What did you do? Crawl inside my brain or something? Are you the twin I never knew I had?

Yara said...

Hey,

It is so hot, although today we have gotten some relief here. Which is so about time...isn't us shy people who use the blogsphere to express ourselves in ways we cannot with other peope. Man the internet is great...:) BTW I went to the website, and I really liked what I read, they definetely are a lot more like me, or am I more like them :) Thank you.

-Yara

Wrkinprogress said...

You are more than welcome hon! Too bad you're not closer -- you could come to our Marriage Equality Summit in August. :)

Anonymous said...

I love EVERYTHING about you Suzanne. If I weren't gay and you weren't married, I could marry you. Thanks for the support

Smooch!

Brian

Christa said...

I am with neuroticillinifan - I understand completely what you mean in #4.

And it IS hot. I have been hiding in my house as much as possible only going out when the sun goes down!

Interesting about the wedge and pillow roll. I hope that really does make a difference for you.

That stinks about the bulging disks but now you know. Still sucks though.

I miss you!!!!!!!!! Can I come see you in September?

Wrkinprogress said...

You mean it will be that long before we can see you? :( Of course you can come in September! Maybe we'll get the hippie chick and our artsy friend to come, too!! Wouldn't that be a blast????

Wrkinprogress said...

Woohoo! An "if only" proposal! :D And he's cute, too, y'all. Not to mention nice!

Thank you, Brian. You're a doll yourself. :)

Genevieve Netz said...

My husband has slept with a big pillow under his knees for years. I bought him a wedge once, but he prefers the pillow. It seems to help his back. I hope you continue to find some relief from using it. I really cannot imagine living with constant back pain, and I hope I never find out what it's like!!!!!